Are they giving away the whiskey now? Just facetious, it’s part of what often happens with me, my first thought is irreverent and needs to be censored. Try again. (Curiosity – does that happen to others often too?)
This very old favourite photo is of three very spirited sisters, my mother and two of my aunts. [I posted it before under friendship – but that’s the thing about an iconic photo – it can mean many different things.]
Now, they are
dust ashes wormfood free. Their spirit lives on in me, and my sisters and cousins and their grandchildren. Even though the photo shows joy, these women were not free. 1920’s, 30’s … no way were they without ties or shibboleths dictating their choices, though they were adventurous they also took on responsibility and accepted those restrictions on their freedom.
Try again, “free spirit” 2012 style:
If this is free spirit, it is momentary – next moment she is in very very deep waters.
Freedom is in essence a freedom to take on oneself and the world, with its responsibilities and demands, if one jumps, accept the consequences too. This jumping was a joyous day.
Free Spirit – No, I think this is a fantasy, a desire, a dream. Real life with its ties is where spirit lives.
But – I expect there will be a lot of good photos coming up, it is a great theme!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: free spirit (gusgus64.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (nokeinthecloud.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Free Spirit (myphotoyear2012.wordpress.com)
- “Weekly Photo Challenge” Free Spirit (danajoward.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Free Spirit (shaanthz.wordpress.com)